how to capture motion blur pics.
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
want to know how to get cool motion blur pics on your DSLR?
1. put your camera in TV mode, or shutter priority mode.
2. your camera will need to be perfectly still for a clear shot. use a tripod or set your camera on a stable surface. i set mine on a restaurant table to shoot the top pic.
3. choose a slow shutter speed. try 1 second, 5 seconds, or 30 seconds depending on the light. again, you can't stand perfectly still for 30 seconds so be sure to stabilize you camera.
4. the shutter speed you use will depend on your lighting situation. if you are shooting in TV mode, your camera will do everything for you, though you may still end up with overexposed photos. a slow shutter speed lets in light for a longer period of time. if you are trying to shoot a motion pic in the bright sun, it will probably be overexposed.
4. the solution? stick with motion blur pics in low light situations (sundown, shade, nighttime). those look the coolest anyway!
ps: i'm toying with the idea of doing more photography tutorials on the blog. would this be helpful to you? do you care?