tips for small apartment house guests.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
our teeny home gets a lot of welcomed house guests throughout the year. we've got it down to a science.
1. invest in a quality air mattress. cheapos spring a leak after a few months. this aerobed has held up well and rolls into a compact carrying bag.
2. if you're going to be packed in like sardines, you might as well stock the fridge with a few of their favorite drinks, snacks.
3. unless they are flying, politely ask your guests to bring their own sheets and towels. most new york apartments don't have a washer/dryer. let them do you a favor.
4. if guests are staying for a short time, eat out as much as possible. i know it can get expensive, but most visitors want to try new places anyway. you can always grab a bagel or a slice of pizza.
5. take your shoes off at the door. this is a standing rule in our household, but let your guests in on the rule as well. new york streets are nasty (think dog poop). no need to bring the dirty streets into your lovely home. not to mention, your guests are sleeping on that dirty floor.
do you have any tips?