baked sweet potato fries.
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
i know thanksgiving is not the time to be on a health kick, but i feel the need to venture out from the traditional puréed sweet potato dishes that include a bag of mini marshmallows.
these fries are salty and sweet, best served with a side of ketchup. or a side of mini marshmallows.... i get it, tradition, tradition. this recipe is so un-exact i can barely call it a recipe. just eyeball it.
and for the love of williams sonoma... meticulously cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil AND grease the foil. between the high temp and brown sugar, it turns into one sticky pan mess otherwise. just doing my job to save your pan, people. i like my fries a bit burnt, but they will turn dark no matter from the delicious caramelization process.
baked sweet potato fries
3-4 medium sweet potatoes
extra virgin olive oil
1. preheat the oven to 425F.
2. dice potatoes into small cubes (i leave the skin on).
3. place cubed potatoes on a greased and lined baking sheet. coat with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a smidge of cinnamon.
4. cook for about 45 minutes and then sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top. toss well.
5. continue to cook for another 15-30 minutes. timing really depends on whether you like the fries crunchy or still soft. i cook mine for at least an hour and a half.
6. sprinkle with more salt right before serving.