white chicken chili.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
it turned temporarily colder than usual for early november so chili made it to this week's menu. white chili trumps regular chili all day every day and i maybe changed ed's mind on the matter as well. i'm probably late to the ball game with this tip, but using an already prepared rotisserie chicken from the store is kind of genius.
white chicken chili
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (use a rotisserie chicken from the store)
2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1 box (32 oz) chicken or vegetable stock
dash of red pepper flakes (if you like some heat)
salt and pepper to taste
1. saute onion in a few glugs of olive oil until translucent. add garlic and cook for another minute.
2. add shredded chicken, rinsed beans, corn, green chiles (with juice from can), cumin, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
3. stir to combine and add chicken/vegetable stock.
4. bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
5. add salt/pepper to taste and juice of 1 lime.
top with cilantro (gross), sour cream, tomatoes, tortilla chips, and an extra dash of lime juice.
recipe adapted from how to: simplify.
donations for the hurricane sandy relief are being accepted by the red cross as well as the mayor's fund.
UWS yoga instructor is donating earnings to the ASPCA at NY loves yoga on 83rd between columbus and amsterdam. more info and class schedule here.
donate blood at trevor day school (88th and central park west) today from 9:30am-3:30pm.
also, a list of restaurants in which proceeds go to sandy relief. thanks to west side rag for the tip.
contact me regarding volunteer opportunities.